Flying Schools In India
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA)
- Madhya Pradesh Flying Club (MPFC)
- National Flying Training Institute (NFTI)
- Ahmedabad Aviation & Aeronautics Ltd. (AAA)
- Bombay Flying Club
- Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy
- Government Flying Training School
- OFAA – Orient Flights Aviation Academy
- Indian Aviation Academy
- Adventure Flight Education Private Limited, Bangalore
- Asia Pacific Flight Training Academy
- Bihar Flying Institute
- National College of Aviation
Indra Gandhi Rastriya Uran Akademi
- Established in 1985
- Indra Gandhi Rastriya Uran Akademi is situated in Raebareli ,U.P
- Contains 24+ Aircrafts,4 multi engine
- Admission through IGURA: Entrance test conducted by them in every city of India and the difficulty level is medium to hard .
- More often Pilots of this Academy are chosen for Public sector airlines -Air India for their aircraft
Following Professional Courses, duly approved by Director General of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India are offered to students to avail benefits / subsidy by banks:
- Ab-initio to Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) coupled with Instrument and Multi Engine Endorsement alongwith an option for BSc (Aviation) degree.
- Simulator training as per candidates requirements.
- Multi Engine endorsement.
- Instrument Rating .
- License issue/ renewal tests and License endorsement checks.
- Ab-initio to Commercial Pilots License (CPL) course for foreign nationals as per Regulatory requirements in their respective countries
- Specifically designed training courses for Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard Pilots.
- CRM Workshop
- Multi-Crew Co-operation (MCC) Course
- AELP Training and Testing course
The Course Fee for Ab-initio to CPL Course with I/R and multi-engine endorsement is Rs. 45,00,000 and no GST is applicable on the same at present.
Additional expenditure for about Rs. 2.00 Lac is payable towards cost of Uniform, Study Material, Navigation Computer, Headphones, Personal Accident Insurance Premium etc. DGCA/ RTR Examination and License fee will be payable by the trainee directly through Debit/Credit Cards or Internet Banking. In addition, for those enrolling in BSc Course, University & Examination fee will be extra as applicable. Separate Hostels for Boys and Girls are provided on twin sharing basis against subsidized charges of Rs. 1500 per month.
Eligibility for the course is:
- Age limit – 17 years old
- Intermediate (10+2) graduate with English, Physics, and Math
- 55% aggregate marks in Physics and Math
Note: SC/ST/OBC/EWS candidates will be provided with 5% relaxation in total aptitude.
- INR 42,00,000 -Tuition fee (need to be paid in four-quarterly in 1-year)
- NR 2,00,000 – Additional fee (Uniform, Headphones, Navigation tools, Study Material, and more)
IGRUA is a premier flying training institute in India. They have a good reputation. Air India does conduct campus interviews at IGRUA.
More IGRUA students find jobs with the airlines than any other school in India. This might be due to the fact that IGRUA filters the students at the time of selection, has a good ground school, nice fleet and experienced ground and flight instructors.
However, at the end of the day, the applicants still need to pass the written exams, psychometric battery tests and interviews conducted by the airlines. So it is inevitable that some will take longer than others to find a job.
Is it worthwhile studying at IGRUA?
If you are serious about being a commercial Pilot, the best flying academy in India is IGRUA. IGRUA is a government body which offers courses such as ab-initio to Commercial Pilot License (CPL), simulator training as per candidate’s requirements, multi-engine endorsement, instrument rating, CRM workshop, The aircrafts used for training at this institute are TB-20, Zlin, DA-40 and DA-42.
Our Late PM, Rajiv Gandhi laid the foundation stone for IGRUA in 1985. Before joining politics Rajiv Gandhi worked as a Pilot with Indian Airlines.
Candidates are shortlisted for selection on the basis of a two hour written test followed by a pilot aptitude test. Once a candidate clears these two rounds they are eligible to appear before an interview panel which consists of representatives from NACIL, DGCA, a psychologist and IGRUA examiners.
The Advertisement for Ab-initio to CPL course is scheduled for release in National News Papers/ website in April every year. The Ground training is imparted up to ATPL standard and flying training to meet CPL requirements as stipulated by DGCA.
The Course Fee & other Charges
The Course Fee for Ab-initio to CPL Course with I/R and multi-engine endorsement is Rs. 42,00,000 Additional expenditures for about Rs. 2.00 Lac is payable towards cost of Uniform, Study Material, Navigation Computer, Headphones, Personal Accident Insurance Premium etc. DGCA/ RTR Examination and License fee will be payable by the trainee directly through Debit/Credit Cards or Internet Banking. In addition, for students enrolling in BSc Aviation Course, University & Examination fee will be extra as applicable.
Madhya Pradesh Flying Club (MPFC)
- It was on October 9, 1951, when the club came into existence.
- The Club has set numerous records among all the Flying Clubs ever since the beginning of its operations in August 1955.
- For over 24 years, from 1958 to 1982, the club successfully maintained and operated aircraft belonging to the MP State Government.
- In the face of aggression in 1962, the club trained Indian Air Force Pilots for their initial flying.
- Once again during the 1971 aggression, the club offered services of its aircraft and maintenance staff to the Indian Air Force.
- The Club started its satellite base at Bhopal in 1958 to train candidates and also provide services to the MP State Government.
National Flying Training Institute (NFTI)
- It was established in 2007, CAE Gondia, and It is also known as National Flying Training Institute (NFTI) is a joint venture between CAE and the Airport Authority of India (AAI).
- CAE Gondia’s pilot training programs provide high quality and focused ab initio training to aspiring airline pilots. Our programs combine premier ground school courses with high quality flying instruction delivered in accordance with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) standards. Upon successful completion of the program, cadet pilots obtain a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) with an Instrument Rating (IR) and a Multi-Engine Rating (ME).
Our training resources include a modern training fleet, advanced flight simulation training devices, well-equipped classrooms, extensive online training materials, and a highly experienced and dedicated instructional staff and academy management team. All residential accommodations, classrooms, cafeteria and administration facilities are newly-built.
Ahmedabad Aviation & Aeronautics Ltd. (AAA)
AAA is DGCA approved flight school in India and air Charter Company, in operation since 1994. Considered among the best flying schools in India, AAA operates from its own hangars at SV Patel International Airport Ahmedabad and Mehsana Airfield. AAA currently has 5 single engine aircraft and one single / multi engine flight simulator.
AAA has already provided over 160 pilots to the aviation industry, who are doing well and bringing laurels to the school.
Aviation Training Facilities
- Flight School (airplane)
- Aviation Degree
Programs & Courses
- Private Pilot (PPL)
- Commercial Pilot (CPL)
- Instrument Rating (IR)
- Multi-Engine (Class Rating)
- Ground School Classes
Bombay Flying Club
Bombay flying club CPL fees are estimated between INR 8 lakh to 10lakh PA. Bombay flying club fees for CPLis an expensive course with loads of technicalities. Other fees like PPL fees, AME, and CPL go from 4 to 7 lakh and above PA.
Eligibility Criteria: Minimum Qualification for the AME course is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Diploma certified recognized by AICTE or any certificate acceptable to DGCA as equivalent diploma in mechanical / Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Higher Degree in Science (B Sc/M Sc) No physical disability.
Procedure for admission:
- No Entrance Exam
- No Interview
- Admission on Merit basis only
- 10th, 12th Mark sheet Xerox attested
- Date of Birth proof Xerox attested
- Medical certificate from MBBS Doctor
- Two passport size colored photograph
Application form can be downloaded from the website or you can apply online here. The cost of 200/- will be added with the admission fees at the time of admission.